Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Holiday Cards

>> Monday, March 12, 2018


With St. Patrick's Day this weekend, I thought I'd first share a card for the occasion. I saw a video on You Tube and thought it might work with the new Shamrock Scroll image. I can't find the video or recall who posted it or what it was called. Sorry. I really would like to give credit to the creator.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the scroll image all over with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with detailed gold EP. Once it cooled, I sponged on a couple of shades of green Distress Oxide inks. Using a watercolor brush I removed the ink from the shamrocks with a little water. The embossing helps hold the water in place. The more water you add, the more color is removed. Some places look really white and others still have a greenish tint. I like the look of this technique.

The tiny St. Patrick's day greeting was stamped and embossed with the same gold EP, then die cut with a small circle die. The lucky coin image was also stamped and embossed with gold EP, die cut and layered onto a gold scalloped circle. I don't know why it looks bent in the photo. In real life it isn't bent at all. I cannot figure out why it always photographs looking bent!?! Oh well. I popped it up with some foam adhesive. The watercolor panel is layered onto the same gold CS and then attached to the white card base.

My next card is for Easter, which will be here before you know it!! It features the new Deco Easter Greeting as well as an older Easter Egg image.


I started with some water color paper and stamped the three Easter Eggs with VersaMark ink onto one panel and sponged some TH Distress Oxide inks onto the other panel. While the second panel dried, I used some TH Distress Oxide inks to paint the Easter eggs, after heat embossing them with white EP. Then while they dried, I die cut the hills with a Fawn Lawn die and the white fence with a Memory Box die. The grass was punched with a Fiskars border punch. The hills were glued onto the watercolor panel, the fence glued in front of the hills and the grassy panels were added with some foam adhesive. The new Deco Easter Greetings was stamped with VersMark ink and heat embossed with white EP. After fussy cutting the eggs, they were attached to the card with some foam adhesive. Everything was then added to the white card base.

Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. Be sure to check out the on line store to see the new Deco Easter Greetings image as well as the other new Easter images. Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, these are some great cards. Love the gold embossed St. Pat's Day card. That is a very cool technique and works really well as an awesome bg for your sentiment. Great gold touches. The Easter card is precious with those eggs tucked in the grass. Super fun!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful cards, Shelia! Love your emboss resist shamrock card..one of my fave techniques. Your Easter card is so bright & happy. Love the picket fence w/ the colorful eggs in front.

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Shelia! Your shamrock card is absolutely perfect! Love that you kept the focal image small and simple so I can see so much of the background! Your Easter card is another winner! Great job on the eggs (love the white embossing) and the greeting look amazing on the blue sky!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your Easter card with the pretty eggs in front of that nice white fence, such pretty colors too!
Your scroll bg looks really beautiful on your first card too!

Karin said...

These are just wonderful! I love that background that you created using the shamrock scroll, ink and embossing. So very cool! And the little greeting you made from two different stamps is very clever! I totally love the eggs on your Easter card too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP