Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Chalkboard Thanks

>> Friday, May 25, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! With all the graduating going on, I thought a teacher thank you card might be in order. A Splitcoast Challenge to doodle a frame around your image gave me the idea to make my greeting look like it was on a chalkboard. So I white embossed it, die cut it then used a white marker to doodle on the black & a black marker to doodle around it on the white. 
The teacher tools were colored & fussy cut. The white hearts are part of the greeting on the inside & I inked just them & stamped them. I didn't want to heat emboss them, so I used the white paint pen to make them stand out more.

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, black 
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Copics markers, Misti, Lil’ Inker stitched rectangles dies, white embossing powder, white Posca paint pen, black Micron pen






7 comments:

Sue said...

What a wonderful teacher thank you card Julie! I just may have to make one for my son's teacher! Love the black and white with the pop of fun colors - you do such an awesome job coloring the teacher stamp!

Donna W said...

Love your wonderful card! Thanks for sharing.

nwilliams6 said...

Love, love, love this card, Julie. The chalkboard idea is sooooo creative and I love the framing and extra fun elements. Awesome card!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

What a great idea for a teacher thank you!! This is so darling!

Shelia said...

Love the chalkboard on this awesome teacher card! Absolutely beautiful !

Karin said...

Amazing card for a teacher! Love the chalkboard and those little hearts you added, and your coloring is always out of this world!

Samantha said...

What a great teacher card, Julie! Love the blackboard look! Nice!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP